Monday, September 15, 2008

4 Glorious Days

Well I am back from 4 glorious days of sewing in DeSoto, Wisconsin. It was great! Lots of laughs, lots of sewing, and lots of inspiration and relaxation was had by all. It is so beautiful along the mighty Mississippi. And the most glorious thing of all...what I accomplished...a lot...which is so uncharacteristic of me at a retreat. But I did. Here are some pictures of where we stayed and what I accomplished.


Here is where we stayed. It is known as the cottage. And it is super nice. There was no roughing it here.


This is a view out the window of the cottage. The mighty Mississippi is so close...


This is the group of ladies I stayed with and the things we accomplished. Can you find me? We actually took this picture from the other house where some other gals stayed since our house only bunked 10 gals and the other house bunked 8. Then with both houses we could have that many more gals.


This is more of a close up of the things I got done or started on. I am caught up with Lynette Anderson's BOM. , finished putting some ric rack on a tea towel, made 3 bags (1 is missing since Nate took it as a raffle for a church dinner), finished the stitching for the Armchair Caddy from the Stitcher's Angel, and started a Halloween Stitchery. Whew.....

Some gals and I took a little road trip during the retreat to some quilt shops. This is what I got. You can see the Halloween stitchery pattern. I love it and it is going to be so cute!! From the funky paisley fabric I am going to make my own bag like the ones I finished at the retreat, since I am going on a stitching bus trip to 5 different states and 9 quilt shops in a couple weeks. I think I better have a bag to keep all my treasures together. Hopefully I will have internet access during the trip so I can post my fun finds. I am really looking forward to that trip too.


Then today when I checked the mail I found this in my mailbox.....My prize from winning the contest on Mid-Ohio Knitter Thank you Vickie...I love it. You are the best!!! I can't wait to make something out of these yummy charms. Well lots to do and so little time...Until next time..


LesleyAnn

1 comment:

Linda said...

Congratulations on winning the charms! Beautiful fabric - cant wait to see what you do with it!
Sounds like you had a wonderful time sewing! Looks like you all got alot accomplished! Beautiful stuff! The bags are beautiful!