Sunday, September 21, 2008

Tator Tot Casserole and Glue Gun Incident

Well, the weekend has come and gone without much sewing progress. I had big plans but those were dashed on Friday at 2:30 when I burned my fingers with the glue gun doing a crafty project that I will not show you because it didn't even turn out like I thought it would. Very bad. After I burned two fingers to a crisp I didn't feel like doing much else plus I have never had a burn quite like I got. So I just decided to take a nap. Nate called and wanted me to come stay at the weekend retreat house, (aka his house) so I thought I might as well since I was pretty much feeling worthless. So I spent the weekend there....

Today I spent the day with Nate doing a little farming...making hay. I rode the tractor with him. There is nothing like the smell of cut hay. So while we were making hay we talked about what we were going to have for supper. From pigs in a blanket to tator tot casserole. When I first met Nate he told me one of his favorites was tator tot casserole and in my family we never had this so I was unsure of how to make it. So I consulted with friends and the internet for advice because I sure didn't want to disappoint my new boyfriend that I couldn't make one of his favorite meals. So I decided to punt and use a combination of all the advice and internet recipes to come up with my own version. So today, I decided to make tator tot casserole because he has always told me I make the best. But much to my horror, I found out today that his favorite tator tot casserole is......the high school cafeteria! AHHHH! WHAAAT??? Are you kidding? I have to compete with the school...school food is something we all would like to forget not remember as our favorite...I am depressed...My cooking confidence is marred. Although, in my opinion, today was the best tator tot casserole I have ever made!!! :) Until next time....

No comments: