Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Busy Quilting Workshop Weekend

This last Saturday I went with my grandma and sister to a quilting workshop with many quilting sessions where we learned new techniques and we even saw a quilt talk with Kay Capps Cross "The Black and White Lady". I have seen her before but I always enjoy listening to her and gaining inspiration from her quilts. They are gorgeous!

Here is my sister at the make it take it work session. We made little cell phone cases. It was a lot of fun and I even got a few more to make. It was so simple. The pattern was all on the fusible you attach to the fabric. How easy and quick it that?? Love it!

Here are the goodies I got at the workshop. See my cell phone case?


I almost forgot to show all my goodies that I got on my bus trip. Man, do I have my work cut out for me to get all these projects done....where should I start? Well, I did get one thing as a gift for my sister...the yellow tin with Wizard of Oz charms. When my sister and I were little we use to have to watch the Wizard of Oz everyday since it was her favorite movie. I promise..... I looked inside the tin to make sure the there were no flying monkeys :)!! I know how much you hated them!! LOL!

And last but not least...here's my Nate. We celebrated his birthday with my parents on Sunday. He is going to be the BIG 30 on the 9th!!! He got a new fishing pole and reel from my sister and her boyfriend. He will just have to wait to get his present from me!!! Until next time.....

LesleyAnn

1 comment:

ShelliGib said...

You are so creative!!