Monday, October 20, 2008

Nate's Birthday and Fishing

It sure has been busy around the bungalow these days. I have been stitching like a mad woman trying to get my Stitcher's Angel stuff done before I had to take my sewing machine in for her annual oil change and service. We definitely want to keep her in tip-top shape. Can't show anything yet as I haven't sent it yet. It may cost a small fortune though for it to get across the great blue ocean.


Here is Nate on his 30th birthday with his cake that I got him. Even though he won't admit it he was excited about getting a cake. (Don't tell him I said that because he will probably kill me if he knew I put these pictures on my blog.)

I made him take this picture of his presents that he got from me. He really didn't want to, but he did to appease me. Isn't he cute. Deep down I think that he wants to be like my dad and gramps with his overalls..... I think he probably had a good 30th birthday!! Now next week we shall see if he can out do me for my 30th? Yes, I will be turning 30, t00! Been thinking how I can celebrate on my blog...maybe a first giveaway is in order and some goodies. We'll have to see. Stay tuned....

I went on my first fishing trip to the Mississippi and caught this nice crappie. I really couldn't believe that I actually caught something but I did. A total of about 4 nice ones. Nate asked me when him and his dad go fishing will I have to go every time now. My response was no. Fishing is kinda a man thing...I get it but...I don't think that I get it enough to make a serious hobby like my sewing. It was fun to spend time with Nate and his dad but I think I will leave most of the fishing to them and I will take the day to sew.
The other day in the mail arrived a package from Cinderberry Stitches in Australia. I won in her giveaway for a Christmas Gift Bags pattern. I love it. It is so cute. Thank you Natalie!! Can't wait to get started on them! Well, until next time.....

LesleyAnn

1 comment:

Carol in Sweden said...

And I totally agree with you about the fishing thing...love to be on the water, in the sun, listening to nature...READING A BOOK! (which used to drive my Dad crazy because I wasn't concentrating on the line!)

Maybe you could take along some stitching! lol