Monday, October 6, 2008

More Bus Trip

Well, life has sure been busy since my last post. Lots going and lots to show all of you. First I will take you back to the bus trip...So much fun and the most wonderful part about it was that I didn't have to drive to all 5 states. I also got to see so much more than I would have if I would have been on my own; considering Nate would have been along and there is no way he would have lasted going to 9 shops. He's a wonderful man but there are limits and patience is not his virtue.


This is a photo of the Calico Hutch in Hayward, Minnesota. It was a really cute shop and probably one of the biggest businesses besides the Coop in town. This shop is really not that far from me, so I can visit this one again!

Here is the Country Sampler in Omaha, Nebraska. A beautiful shop with fabrics to die for. I got an apron pattern and some quilt diva fabric with jumbo rick rack. What a stitch!!! Can't wait to make it.

The Calico Hutch fed us this yummy breakfast of skier's french toast with strawberries. Just the right thing to hit the spot on a day of quilt shop hopping......

Quilter's Quarters in Leavensworth, Kansas had some inspiring quilts with fabulous machine quilting. (Wishing I wasn't such a terrible machine quilter!!) Some people get all the talent, while others are just hopeful that a little might rub off on them. I am one of those that wish for the latter....:)

The little lady (in the brown shirt) reminded me so much of my grandma.....It was like traveling with her and made me wish for my grandma. My grandma is the one who taught me to sew and embroider. She is a very special lady and I admire her greatly for all that she does. She is an inspiration to me. I hope that I am able to do 1/2 as many things as she does at her age. I love ya, Gram!!! Hopefully I will not be as negligent in posting as I have been. Until next time....

LesleyAnn





No comments: