Friday, January 9, 2009

Look What I Got Done....

Sitting on the couch for 3 days feeling yucky is not fun, because you are thinking of all the things you should be doing and that are not getting done like housework, laundry, etc. But on the other hand, I got things accomplished that I feel a little guilty about doing when there is so much other things to I should have been doing. Except when you are sick you really don't want to do anything.
Exhibit A: I got several project cut out and ready to go....How often does that happen before you really need it done? LOL! For a special person in the Show Some Sewing Love Swap. Here is a sampling of the fabric I am using....Hope you like pink!!
Here is the stitchery I finished for a sample at my LQS. The owner is going to frame it. I love how it turned out with the crayon colored effect. My new fav technique...using crayons to enhance my stitcheries.

Also I finished reading "Runaway Quilt" by Jennifer Chiaverini. If you haven't read any of her books you should. I just can't get enough of them. Nate's mom gave me some for Christmas and Nate couldn't believe I wanted boring books for Christmas, but I did!! I am so glad that she got them for me! It is exactly what I wanted. Well, enough procrastinating I need to get back to work and tonight I really need to tackle cleaning the BATHROOM!! I am in for another exciting Friday night. Happy Friday to everyone!! Until next time......

LesleyAnn

4 comments:

Carol in Sweden said...

OH OH OH....like that house colored with the crayon...ok...I'm definitely gonna try that SOON!

I'm also feeling icky...have been for weeks and it's a real drag! My house is a semi-mess and I'm trying not to look at the really bad parts.

Is the book about quilty people?? I'm going to have to check it out! Thanks for the tip...love good books!

Hope you're feeling better soon!

ShelliGib said...

I think you should sell your stuff on Etsy.com! I would totally buy it all....good thing I don't live too close I'd be begging you to do projects for me all the time!

bingo~bonnie said...

Hey Lesley! thanks for visiting my blog and entering my give-away. :) I'm so glad I stopped by yours, as I just started a red work BOM this year and "I"M LOVIN' IT!@!!" :) and now addicted to stitchery and looking all over the web for more patterns.

The one you made of yoru home is SUPER CUTE! and I have never heard of using crayons to do so! Please share more how to and tips!!!

Glad we met :) I'm rooming with a gal from Iowa this April at our quilters retreat in NH...with the HGTV quilters :) she is super nice chatitng thru email and I can't wait to meet her. I also knew some girlfriends from Iowa when I lived in GA - they were so nice. I'm convinced all girls from Iowa are the best! ;)

Love from Texas! ~bonnie

Dandelion Quilts said...

What a cool technique! I think that is just darling. Your partner will really like it, I am sure.