Thursday, January 15, 2009

My finger has a Boo-Boo!!

Many of you are probably looking at the title of this post and thinking, What is she talking about? But it is true. I made a hole in my finger, putting the binding on a casserole kimono and a table runner. It's my own fault since I don't wear a thimble because it seems akward on. I have tried several different ones but it seems I just can't find one that doesn't make me seem like I am all fingers. I even tried to take a picture to show you but I couldn't get it to look not blurry. So I guess you will just have to take my word for it.
So my sewing table still looks like it did when I made my last post...everything waiting to be sewed. So I have been taking a little break, while doing so I happened upon some Free BOM's in blogland. I decided to print them out. So we'll see if I get them done or just collect them. The first is from Gail Pan Designs. She is doing different word blocks. The next is from Bunny Hills Designs called A Tisket, A Tasket...A Year full of Baskets. This one sounds really cool, especially with the basket theme. I love baskets and so does my mom, so I may have to make this one for her. Take a look at the first block it is really cute!! Well, until next time.

LesleyAnn

3 comments:

Dandelion Quilts said...

Lesley...I read on Heather Mulder Peterson's blog (quilt designer) that she uses a little dab of super glue on her finger instead of a thimble. She feels a thimble feels odd and slows her down. You will have to give it a try!

Carol in Sweden said...

I hate...well, not hate, but I don't feel comfortable wearing a thimble either...I'm always afraid of poking a hole into myself. I'd probably stitch better if I used one though. Hope your boo boo heals fast so you can get working on that BOM again!

ShelliGib said...

I got the monkey! Oh he's so cute! See my blog, I took a photo with him and Angelo together!! Thank you, you're so sweet!