Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Year!!

I can't believe that 2008 is now over. The holidays were sure busy around the bungalow. Lots of activity. Right now, I have been laying on the couch all day with the flu. Yuck! I just started feeling better so I thought now would be the perfect time to blog about what has been happening.

Here is my model, Nate, holding up the wall hanging I completed for my mom for Christmas. It took me about a year to complete. All hand embroidered with crayon colored stars. It was probably the best thing I made this year. The pictures don't quite do it justice. It is gorgeous.

Here is a close up of some of the blocks. My mom loved it and she already has it hanging in her entryway.

Look what I have been up to....All gifts for friends and family. I even still have a few more to make for some after the holidays parties. There is one purple monkey missing--a gift to Nate's niece. She is 1 1/2 and loved it.

I also joined this swap hosted by Dandelion Quilts. It should be a lot of fun. I have been thinking about what I will make for my partner.... There is still time to join so don't miss out on the opportunity. Well, until next time...

LesleyAnn

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Hi Lesley - Dawn shared your blog with me awhile back. LOVE the quilt, it's BEAUTIFUL!

ShelliGib said...

How much for a monkey? Angelo needs one!! When did you get such talent!!! I'm impressed!

Carol in Sweden said...

Such great things you 've been making! The quilt for your mom is Wonderful! Your stitching is so perfect! No wonder she has it in the entryway for everyone to see it!

Hey...is that an old fashioned student desk behind Nate in the photo? if it is...where did you get it? Would you believe I have one nearly exactly like it?

Keep stitching!
Happy New Year!